"Life may not be the party we hoped for…but while we're here we may as well dance." - Jeanne C. SteinIf you have been hiding under a rock and haven't heard of Rio de Janeiro's Carnival, just take my word for it and go. Carnival is a world-famous festival held before Lent every year in the exotic, samba-crazed country of Brazil. When I looked into going to Brazil a few years ago, Carnival was one of the main reasons I wanted to go and it made for an epic trip. So if the idea of fun in the sun, caipirinhas, and beautiful beaches aren't enough to convince you to head to Brazil already, here are 5 reasons why you should go down to Carnival:
1. It is parties upon parties. There are beach parties, bar parties, street parties, park parties, you name it. The whole city is up for celebrating 24 hours a day.
2. Costumes. Want to dress up as Batman? Go for it. Feel like wearing a masquerade mask? Do it.
3. Everywhere you go, you will get caught up in a parade, be surrounded by samba dancers, and generally see people in high spirits. Being around people who are excited about life will make you feel good.
4. Beaches, sun, and coconuts filled with rum. Say no more.
5. Between parades, concerts, and DJ’s, every day will have an enthusiastic theme song.